Well, this does not apply if your manager is young. of the opposite gender, is very "gendery" and can think a bit sane. Just mentioning to keep imagination and wild thoughts under control.
Is it when:
- > You want to know what work you will be doing?
- You hear it in glorified terms. e.g cost cutting can be called productivity challenge.
- > You want to update him on some "rocket" science" you've done.
- It finally ends up to be re-inventing the wheel. You say "Whatever I do , I can't convince you, but at least hear me out"
- > You want to complain that this is not what was promised to me?
- You get to hear things like "build credibility" (ok, by when and how)
- think long term ( how long? I Don't want to retire here. I'm already retarded)
- when it rains it pours ( no one is even spitting from the terrace forget about rain)
- you will get visibility of the management ( visibly being fooled day in and day out)
- You may get some x% here and x+30- 40% outside. En-cash it if at all you think so at the right time. Do you think I cannot go? But in long term it all evens out ( What is long term now? My batch-mates switch jobs and earn more than double of what I do. Cut the crap)
- You have been in this role for just a year and a half. I have invested so much time in you and now you are hands-on. The team needs you. Spend some more time ( Did you not realise that during my performance review? and when you gave me some peanuts? )
- Your manager will be unwell. Will work from another office, go on leave and what not. Finally when you are ready to shoot at sight?? All the gyaan above Ctrl + Alt + Del. ( But you care a damn about it now. It seems like - All bakwaas, no seedhi baat. For once, you are not frustrated with the gyaan you get from your manager. You come out of the room with a long lost smile on your face)
Most of you would agree with me. If you don't please change your opinion and stop fooling yourself :)